Full Job Description
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a Domestic Assistant?
We are looking for responsible, caring Domestic Assistants to join our fantastic team at Syon Manor, Isleworth. As a Domestic Assistant you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring our facilities are well prepared to keep them, comfortable and healthy.
Salary: £7,000 per annum (Actual Take Home Salary)
Hours: 12.5 hours per week (2.5 hours a day at the end of the college day, Monday to Friday)
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team committed to helping children with varied and complex needs. Our Domestic Assistants carry out an essential role to maintain the standards of cleanliness required by the children and young people in our care. You will take pride in ensuring domestic duties including vacuuming, mopping, rubbish removal, dusting and cleaning are carried out to the highest standards.
When it comes to looking after our children, we never settle for second best. We are looking for a Domestic Assistants who share our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Previous experience in a similar setting would be great but isn’t essential as full training will be given, and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important. These roles are ideal for people working in customer facing industries including retail, hospitality, and leisure, looking for a new role that makes a real difference to children’s lives and futures.
You will be quality focused, efficient, able to work at pace, and motivated to help us provide a safe, caring environment where every child can thrive.
- To promote the good reputation of the Centre by cleaning all areas to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- To ensure all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, COSHH regulations and health and Safety legislation. Use all supplies correctly and to minimise waste
- To carry out all daily and weekly routines together with any special cleaning duties as directed and necessary
- To support other members of the domestic team to look complete work that requires extra members of staff to complete the task
- To assist in the operation of the laundry where necessary
- To report all compliments, comments and complaints
- To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Service Users and other persons on site
- Report issues and/or incidents to the appropriate person/s
- Participate in team meetings, supervisions and annual reviews in accordance with company policy and the standards set by the regulatory body
Syon Manor College is due to open in early 2022. The college will specialise in providing both care and education for children and young adults with a variety of complex needs including Autism and Neurodevelopmental Diversities.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
A great company to work for
Wherever you work – whether in a city location or one of our more rural settings – you’ll be part of one dynamic family, aiming high and dreaming big, and helping the people we work with achieve their own personal goals
Similar jobs to this one
Syon Manor College
Salary: £18,733.56 per annumHours: 38.5 hours per weekClosing date: Wednesday, 31st August 2022
Brick Lane School
Salary: up to £22,000 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Wednesday, 14th September 2022
Brick Lane School
Salary: Up to £39,000 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Friday, 30th September 2022