Full Job Description
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Location: Wetheringsett Manor, Stowmarket
Salary: up to £20,000 per annum pro-rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a Maintenance Assistant?
We are looking for a responsible, hands-on Maintenance Assistant to join our fantastic team at Wetheringsett Manor, Stowmarket. As Maintenance Assistant, you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, by ensuring our sites are well maintained and equipped to meet their needs.
Overall purpose of Job:
- Undertake general maintenance, emergency repairs and general upkeep of grounds at Wetheringsett Manor School
- Co-ordination of the site support services including, security, fire safety and control, access, waste management, cleaning, grounds and gardens and call out duties
- Assist the Facilities manager to ensure Wetheringsett Manor School is effectively managed and the requirements of Health & Safety legislation and school policy are understood and adhered to throughout
- To supervise facilities operatives, cleaners and external contractors
- To undertake various regular statutory checks as directed by line manager
- Utilise, understand and update computer-based database software in order to ensure HSE and Building Records are maintained
Wetheringsett Manor School is a new independent day SEMH School for up to 42 pupils aged 11-19. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Wetheringsett Manor School, based in Suffolk, has been through significant refurbishment, opening to pupils in November 2020. The Manor House is located in 17 acres of parkland with wooded boundaries and sits on the edge of the village of Wetheringsett. The accommodation also provides several other buildings including a converted stable block, a cottage and two industrial units.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
A great company to work for
Wherever you work – whether in a city location or one of our more rural settings – you’ll be part of one dynamic family, aiming high and dreaming big, and helping the people we work with achieve their own personal goals
Similar jobs to this one
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Friday, 8th July 2022
Salary: Up to £18,000 per annumHours: 28 hours per weekClosing date: Wednesday, 20th July 2022
- Fixed Term
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Wednesday, 20th July 2022