Registered Manager - Family Assessment Centre
- Market Drayton
Full Job Description
Job Title: Registered Manager – Family Assessment Centre
Location: Market Drayton, Shropshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £58,000 - £68,000 per annum dependent on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to help us with opening a brand new Family Assessment Centre in Market Drayton, Shropshire. Our Family Assessment Centre will be a safe environment where parents and their children will be monitored and assessed by highly skilled professionals 24/7. We will offer advice, guidance and counselling, as necessary, to ensure the welfare and safety of the child.
About the Role
As the Registered Manager of our brand new Family Assessment Centre, you will be accountable for providing vision and strategic leadership to ensure the full development of the Service, its promotion and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will follow relevant guidelines to ensure a safe and secure environment that meets Ofsted legislation and regulations. You will also manage all budgets and drive financial performance.
Reporting the Regional Director, the Registered Manager will lead a team that will include social workers, clinicians and residential care workers. As a team, you will ensure effective intervention, assessment and care is delivered for each individual service user/family and they are given the highest standard of support to lead to a final successful move-on for all.
About the Group
We are part of the National Fostering Group – the UK’s largest independent fostering family.
Our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK. With 100% of our 32 regional fostering agencies officially recognised by Ofsted, Welsh and Scottish regulators as either ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’, it is perhaps not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of setting up Ofsted registered services and gaining good/outstanding inspection outcomes. You will have a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management and experience in motivating and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a similar service.
The successful candidate will have experience working with adults/families, preferably in a residential setting, along with a great understand of early year’s development and the dynamics of family relationships. You will be comfortable managing conflict and working with families that will be in a state of distress and experience in the delivery of parenting assessments.
- Extensive experience of working with adults/families
- Proven track record of setting up Ofsted registered services
- Experience of improving or maintaining high levels of delivery and outcomes for services users
- A level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (achieved after January 2011)
- A qualification in management at least at Level 4
- At least two years’ experience relevant to residential care within the last 5
- A proven track record of experience within a similar setting
- Good knowledge of Safeguarding procedures and relevant Regulatory Body regulations
- Experience supervising and managing professional staff
- Evidence of Continuous professional/ management development
- Proven experience of managing budgets effectively ensuring cost efficiency
- A driving licence and access to a vehicle
- It would be highly desirable if you have helped to set up or worked in a Family Assessment Centre previously, however this is not essential
But what is in it for you? Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Up to 39 days annual leave each year (25 base entitlement + 1 One moment in time + 8 bank holidays + ability to buy up to 5 extra days)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Job ID: 175897
A great company to work for
Wherever you work – whether in a city location or one of our more rural settings – you’ll be part of one dynamic family, aiming high and dreaming big, and helping the people we work with achieve their own personal goals
Similar jobs to this one
Salary: £9.52 per hourHours: Bank (Flexible)Closing date: Friday, 23rd September 2022
- High Onn
Longdon Hall School
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annumHours: Monday to Friday, Term Time OnlyClosing date: Friday, 29th July 2022
- Near Lichfield
Longdon Hall School
Salary: Up to £36,000 per annumHours: Monday to FridayClosing date: Friday, 29th July 2022
- Near Lichfield