Children's Care Worker
Full Job Description
Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Become a Residential Children’s Care Worker with Acorn Education & Care and start working towards yours.
Role: Residential Children’s Care Worker
Salary: £19,801.60- £20,176.00 per annum including an average of 1 sleep in per week. (£45 per extra sleep)
Contract: Full Time; Permanent
Acorn Education & Care are a values-driven organisation that strives to put both our employees and residents first. We provide continuous professional development to take your career further, alongside fully accredited courses to support your development.
Your wellbeing matters to us, and therefore we offer discounted gym memberships, Our Employees Reward Hub that offers great rewards such as discount vouchers, we offer Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum, plus our “Moment in Time” that allows additional days leave for a special day in your life, whether this be an anniversary, Birthday, Child’s first day at school or simply just a day to relax!
Benefits: we want our residents to have the best care possible, and therefore strive to look after our employees to make this possible. You’ll get an exceptional reward package that includes:
· Funded qualifications: starting with working towards a funded Level 4 Apprenticeship for Children Young People and Families Practitioner
· £19,801.60- £20,176.00 per annum including an average of 1 sleep in per week. (£45 per extra sleep)
· Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year (with options to purchase more)
· Life Assurance
· Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
· “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Plus, outstanding development and support starting with our award-winning induction programme, to supporting you with specialist qualifications and best in class management development and hi potential programmes, so you can flourish and develop your full potential.
About the Home:
Acorn Education & Care are recruiting Children’s Care Workers to join our teams within the Staffordshire area. Your empathy and warmth will enable you to support vulnerable children aged 7-18 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). This means that the Children we care for may have experienced challenging or traumatic upbringings and may have difficulties with anxiety, mental health or in some cases self-harm. That’s why we’re looking for calm, conscientious and kind people who can take care of the daily needs of the children– vital help that can transform their lives!
Who are we are looking for?
The best news is you don’t need any prior experience to join our family, just a big heart, and a passion to make a difference. You’ll understand that our Children & Young People can be challenging but will be relish that challenge and will approach it with patience, resilience, calmness, becoming their reliable go to person that helps them with their everyday needs.
If this sounds like you, please apply below or give us a call on 01204 558 055.
Being exceptional is just a call away.
What we need from you:
· Full and valid UK Driving Licence
· Access to a car
· Right to Work in the UK
· Willingness to work towards a funded Level 4 Apprenticeship for Children Young People and Families Practitioner or NVQ equivalent
· Passionate about caring for Children and Young People, and to support them to reach their full potential
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
A great company to work for
Wherever you work – whether in a city location or one of our more rural settings – you’ll be part of one dynamic family, aiming high and dreaming big, and helping the people we work with achieve their own personal goals
Similar jobs to this one
Salary: up to £36,000 per annumHours: Full TimeClosing date: Sunday, 21st August 2022
- Hybrid role
BMC – Smallbrook School
Salary: £20,000 - £23,500 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Thursday, 1st September 2022
Salary: £18,709.68 per annumHours: Full TimeClosing date: Sunday, 21st August 2022
- Weston under Lizard,