Physical Education Lead
Full Job Description
Job title: Physical Education Lead
Location: The Tower School, Epping, Essex
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Physical Education Lead to join our close-knit team at The Tower School, Epping, Essex.
About the Role
To teach and lead Physical Education to key stage 3, 4 and 5 students (up to GCSE level) with a primary diagnosis of Autism. To achieve positive outcomes for all groups and create a passion for learning within the classroom. To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school’s policies under the direction of the Head Teacher and Head of Education.
The Tower School is an independent special day School for pupils aged 11-18 who have a primary diagnosis of Autism. Our dedicated team, work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who will often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
The Tower School is based in Epping, Essex It is based in Epping, Essex and is located on Epping High Road within easy access of J26 of the M25 and Junction 5 of the M11. Epping is a lovely market town in Essex and just 17 miles (30 km) from the centre of London. It is surrounded by Epping Forest and the River Roding and River Lea valleys. The school is just a 10-minute walk from Epping station on the London Underground’s central line which will have you in London’s West End in under 50 minutes.
- Recently opened school with a current pupil cohort of 17 which will rise to a maximum of 62 over the next 18 months
- Pupils working levels range from year 3 to GCSE
- Pupils are aged 11-18 and are in classes of no more than 7 pupils supported by at least one teaching assistant
- Pupils follow the National Curriculum with content to meet their needs that lead to a range of qualifications from entry level to GCSE / BTEC
- Pupils present with traits linked to autism such as anxieties, trauma and low self esteem
- All staff say that they are proud to work at the Tower School (January 2022 surveys)
- All pupils say they would recommend the Tower School (January 2022 surveys)
- An on-site clinical team support the education provision for all pupils and deliver high quality training to staff around speech and language needs, occupational therapy needs and psychotherapy
- Our teaching posts would suit primary teachers who are willing to undertake research and training to deliver a key stage 3 and 4 curriculum or a secondary trained teacher able to differentiate the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of our cohort.
- Our teachers will also have responsibility for a form group and for teaching PSHE. Full training and support will be given.
- Ongoing CPD both in house and external including specifically about teaching children with autism and associated conditions.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
A great company to work for
Wherever you work – whether in a city location or one of our more rural settings – you’ll be part of one dynamic family, aiming high and dreaming big, and helping the people we work with achieve their own personal goals
Similar jobs to this one
The Tower School
Salary: £19,000 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Monday, 1st August 2022
The Tower School
Salary: £18,003.68 per annumHours: 37.5 hours per weekClosing date: Thursday, 14th July 2022
The Tower School
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience (pro rata)Hours: 19 hrs per weekClosing date: Sunday, 10th July 2022